Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is an online file storage web service offered by Amazon Web Services.Amazon S3 is storage for the Internet. A simple web services interface used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. Amazon S3 provides storage through web services interfaces (REST, SOAP, and BitTorrent)
Out of 16 users' reviews, Amazon S3 score is:
82 / 100
- Durable Amazon S3 provides durable infrastructure to store important data and is designed for durability of 99.999999999% of objects. Your data is redundantly stored across multiple facilities and multiple devices in each facility.
- Low Cost Amazon S3 allows you to store large amounts of data at a very low cost. You pay for what you need, with no minimum commitments or up-front fees.
- Available Amazon S3 is designed for 99.99% availability of objects over a given year. Amazon S3 is also backed by the Amazon S3 Service Level Agreement, ensuring that you can rely on it when you need it. And you can choose an AWS region to optimize for latency, minimize costs, or address regulatory requirements.
- Secure Amazon S3 supports data transfer over SSL and automatic encryption of your data once it is uploaded. You can also configure bucket policies to manage object permissions and control access to your data using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Scalable With Amazon S3, you can store as much data as you want and access it when you need it. You can stop guessing your future storage needs and scale up and down as required, dramatically increasing business agility.
- Send Event Notifications Amazon S3 can send event notifications when objects are uploaded to Amazon S3. Amazon S3 event notifications can be delivered using Amazon SQS or Amazon SNS, or sent directly to AWS Lambda, enabling you to trigger workflows, alerts, or other processing.
- High Performance Amazon S3 supports multi-part uploads to help maximize network throughput and resiliency, and lets you choose the AWS region to store your data close to the end user and minimize network latency. And Amazon S3 is integrated with Amazon CloudFront, a content delivery web service that distributes content to end users with low latency, high data transfer speeds, and no minimum usage commitments.
- Integrated Amazon S3 is integrated with other AWS services to simplify uploading and downloading data from Amazon S3 and make it easier to build solutions that use a range of AWS services. Amazon S3 integrations include Amazon CloudFront, Amazon CloudWatch, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon RDS, Amazon Glacier, Amazon EBS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Route 53, Amazon EMR, and AWS Lambda.
- Easy to use Amazon S3 is easy to use with a web-based management console and mobile app and full REST APIs and SDKs for easy integration with third party technologies.