SelectHub is a Technology Selection Management (TSM) software platform designed to help organizations make smarter, faster technology investments. We’re a small, but rapidly growing startup – Inc Magazine included us in their most recent list of fastest-growing companies in the United States.
We are seeking a Media Relations Specialist – someone with a solid background in outreach to relevant publishers, social influencers, bloggers and journalists in various software/technology categories to join our growing marketing team!
The ideal candidate may already have a robust set of relationships with various publications and websites in the B2B technology space, and can also research and do outreach with a balance of aggressiveness and thoughtfulness.
Specifically, the role requires the ability to successfully:
- Develop and execute media strategies and pitch plans
- Identify key publisher targets (including within SelectHub’s media and software clients), and write compelling outreach messages to successfully engage them for upcoming articles and blog posts
- Secure placements with top-tier and mid-tier publishers, as well as contextually relevant B2B news and technology websites in North America
- Coordinate with SelectHub’s content team to plan and produce relevant content
- Conduct market research, including review of key analyst commentary, competitor marketing materials, target user demographics and trends in an effort to focus and adapt messaging
- Learn and work with SEO tools to be able to identify relevant content placement targets
- Assist with various other marketing projects as needed
- The ideal candidate would have at least 1 year of media relations experience in the B2B enterprise software or technology marketing/advertising space.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism (or similar).
- Prior sales experience would be a plus!
- Would be familiar with enterprise software categories such as CRM, ERP, HRMS, BI, etc. (would have used some of them in college, or during an internship or past employment)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking skills and a positive, can-do attitude are central to the role.
- Good overall project management, time management, and organizational capabilities with the ability to manage numerous competing priorities are required.
- The ability to learn new software and SEO tools is required.
We are in downtown Denver, and we offer competitive pay, benefits, parking subsidy, and paid time off, and we’re growing…fast!
Email your resume to: email@example.comMedia Relations Specialist – Denver, CO