Seniority: Director-level, reporting to the President or CEO.
Player/coach responsible for setting up proper, scalable standards and processes for financial management and ongoing compliance and reporting for a software company. Duties include supervision and execution of all accounting processes, bookkeeping and financial modeling functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the month-end close process, customer invoicing, AP, AR and collections, payroll, cash-flow management, monthly budget reconciliation, monthly and quarterly reporting for the CEO and Board of Directors, quarterly forecast, bank account management and all treasury administration. This person will be accountable for timeliness and accuracy of the above functions and ensuring optimal spend management.
- Implement, document and maintain effective financial controls
- Manage and oversee the areas of Budgeting, Accounting, Payroll, Human Resources, and Financial Reporting for the company.
- Broad range of day-to-day accounting, keeping an accurate picture of the company’s financial health at all times.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Reconcile spend (budget vs actual) on a monthly basis
- Enforcing budgets including tracking any exceptions for surplus spend by various departments
- Coordinate timely annual tax filing
- Preparation of monthly forecast incorporating historical results and future projections
- Preparation of bi-weekly payroll
- Customer invoicing and ensuring prompt followup for payments
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Setting up financial dashboards via Quickbooks Online and setting up real-time tracking of relevant revenue and profitability metrics, as well as monthly tracking of relevant software-as-a-service company metrics.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by President or CEO from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s in Accounting / Finance
- Controller: 2+ years
- Accounting: 4+ years
- Experienced with Quickbooks Software: 2+ years
- Experience with software company finance management (preferably for a software-as-a-service company): 2+ years