What is SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence?
SAP BusinessObjects has In-built drag and drop interface for developers and end-users. It offers self-data analysis without requiring much technical knowledge. The product’s business intelligence and analytics feature include APIs, alerts, application integration, auditing, customizable and interactive reporting, data manipulation, lifecycle management, real time analytics, real-time monitoring, real-time reporting, single sign-on, visual analytics, web analytics and more.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence
- Real-time Analytics: SAP BusinessObjects connects with many SAP applications like SAP Business Warehouse and SAP HANA to power real-time analytics.
- Native apps for iOS and Android: The product offers native apps for iOS and Android with features like charts, visualizations and reports.
- Efficient and High-volume Content Delivery: SAP BusinessObjects can distribute content throughout a large organization to make sure its business users have access to real-time business intelligence anytime, anywhere.
- 25+ Prebuilt Data Connectors: SAP BusinessObjects offers over 25 data connectors to data sources such as SAP HANA, Apache Hadoop Hive, Cloudera Impala, Amazon EMR Hive, Apache Spark, IBM IDS and more.
- MS Office Integration: SAP BusinessObjects integrates with Microsoft Office products such as Excel for large-scale data analysis and Powerpoint to share visualizations.
- SAP Ecosystem: The product's capabilities can be extended by using APIs and tools from SAP ecosystem to build sample applications, extensions, and open integration with SAP products.
Cost Structure for SAP BusinessObjects:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, etc|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|BusinessObjects Enterprise Premium – License (For large enterprises)||
||Starts from $55,000 per annum|
|BusinessObjects BI, Edge edition – License (For medium sized business)||
||Starts from $14,000 per annum for minimum 10 named users|
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Business Plan||
|SAP Analytics Cloud*: Enterprise Plan||
||Pricing available on request only|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription and Licensing Models|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Available (for 30 days)|
*SAP BusinessObjects Cloud is now SAP Analytics Cloud
Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires large amount of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with new format of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Not flexible with data input methods or formats
- Limited data visualization capabilities
SAS Visual Analytics: $1,365 per month for mentioned user capacity
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
Dundas: Starting at $6 per month per user
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence