What is Oracle BI?
Oracle Corporation has a set of business intelligence tools. The most popular and most used is Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus or in short OBI EE Plus. The product has two extensions namely OBIA (Oracle Business Intelligence Applications) and Oracle Scorecard: an implementation of balanced scorecard reporting.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle BI
- Modern analytics platform: The product offers modern analytics platform where one can simplify their analytics strategy by standardizing on one integrated platform. One can centralize their data models and metrics for a complete demonstration of the business. The product also makes sure that user can connect directly to more Oracle sources and Big Data for broader and richer analysis.
- Advanced analytics: The product offers advanced analytics by enabling analysts to create mash-up data sets by running R scripts in batch mode which gives new and unique insights With the help of this advanced analytics feature analysts can choose from hundreds of pre-built functions to speed analysis or extend existing analytics easily with R scripts.
- Data visualization: The product offers data visualization where one can craft a story around their business with visually stunning analytics. An analyst can choose from a rich library of visual components to uncover hidden data patterns.
- Mobile: The product enables users to view and analyze data in the cloud or on-premises. It helps to create mobile analytical applications with rich, interactive visualizations without coding and programming.
- In-memory enhancements: The product provides In-memory enhancements to which helps in improving deployment efficiency and increase in memory storage.
- Self Service: The product enables the use of self-service BI in a secure environment facilitating the capability to access, visualize, and share data without IT assistance.
Cost Structure for Oracle BI:
|Maintenance Cost||Includes software update license and support cost which is charged over and above the license cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Training Cost||Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, on an average it is $3000/day for up to 20 students|
|Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition||
|Business Intelligence Suite Extended Edition||Siebel Systems business intelligence and Hyperion Solutions business intelligence offerings||
|Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Edition||Comprehensive capabilities for business intelligence, including enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, multi-dimensional OLAP, scorecards, and predictive analytics on an integrated platform||
|Business Intelligence Standard Edition One||Comprehensive business intelligence functionality - interactive dashboards; highly formatted reports, self-service ad hoc analysis, data integration, and server administration - all delivered on one common, modern Web architecture||
|Business Intelligence Cloud Service||
||$150 per month per named user for minimum 10 users|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription and Licensing Models|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||Minimum 10 users and annual contract term|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Available (for 30 days for Business Intelligence Cloud Service)|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Oracle BI requires intensive metadata modeling, and therefore not user friendly
- The solution does not provide an automated data dictionary to store volumes of data
- Not well suited for running complex queries such as unions, etc.
- Does not provide an intuitive UI for easy navigation
- Requires extensive support by internal IT teams for installation, support and maintenance
SAP BusinessObjects: Starting at$21 per month per user
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Oracle BI