What is Dundas BI?
The user doesn't need to depend on multiple tools as Dundas BI has a variety of built-in functionalities, agile data flows adapted to the user's skills and fully open APIs. Dundas BI is popular for its comprehensive features such as dashboards, data visualization, reporting, mobile, analytics, and integration.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Dundas BI
- Data Visualization: Dundas BI allows users to create pixel-perfect dashboards by using the product's Smart Design Experience and an extensive range of visualizations and layout options to help users gain valuable insights and drive faster decision making. It comes with highly-customizable visualizations including interactive charts, scorecards, maps, gauges and more.
- Intuitive and ad-hoc reporting: The BI and dashboard reporting tool of Dundas BI gives a simple and structured way to create complex views and reports by dragging and dropping items into the header, body and footer regions of the report. It supports both automated and ad-hoc reporting.
- Mobile: It provides a fully immersive experience on both desktop and mobile. It does not require any special apps or downloads.
- Analytics: Dundas BI allows for trend and forecasting, priority ranking, clustering, statistics and correlations for data analytics. In addition to its built-in formulas, it offers a native integration with R and Python for advanced analytics.
- Platform: Users can connect Dundas BI to a variety of data sources including OLAP, RDBMS, Big Data, Flat files, Web services and more.
- Integration: The product is an open platform facilitating numerous levels of integration and customization starting from simple end-user configuration to CSS styling and full scripting.
- Embedded BI: Dundas BI offers a flexible embedded BI framework including beautiful and fully responsive HTML5 components and interactive animated visualizations.
Cost Structure for Dundas BI:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Dependent on model opted – annual lease or own in perpetuity|
|Subscription Cost||What is the cost of the software?||For large deployments, the cost can be as low as $6 per month per user|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription and Licensing Models|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||Minimum yearly commitment|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting a custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Available for up to 45 days|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires a large server RAM for in-memory processing
- 3D charts require additional scripting and are not supported out-of-the-box
- Text analytics requires custom R or Python scripting and is not supported out-of-the-box
Sisense: Starting at $21,000 per annum for 5 users
QlikView: Starting at $1,350 per user
Birst BI: Starting at $30,000 per 20 users per annum
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Dundas BI
Pricing for Business Intelligence Tools
Dundas BI Reviews
The following reviews for Dundas BI are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms such as Capterra, Software Advice, Gartner Peerinsights, PC Mag and G2 Crowd.