What is Domo?
Industry Specialties: Serves a multitude of industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Domo
- Get Data in Real Time: Do you need up-to-the-minute data to stay on top of your business? The dashboards can be set to auto-update to incorporate new data, keeping you on the ball at all times.
- Domo Apps: This proprietary technology takes data visualization a step further. These apps tell stories with data to make it work for you and to help you answer business questions, therefore enabling more informed business decisions.
- Make Data-Driven Decisions: One of the primary benefits of any BI solution is its ability to help users make data-driven business decisions. For example, if you’ve been using software to collect data on sales performance for three years, you can make decisions about hiring, quotas and forecasts by using historical data to predict future results.
- Combine Data Sources to Uncover Insights: This analytics platform lets users combine data points from sources such as Salesforce, Microsoft Excel, SQL, etc. to make multidimensional visualizations that help answer complex business questions.
- Custom Alerts: If your key metrics aren’t where you want them, you can keep a close eye on them by scheduling alerts. The solution will email you based on the criteria you set for the notification — for example, if a certain sales quota is reached, a threshold isn’t met, a deadline is approaching, etc. This helps you stay actively on top of your business without constantly checking on metrics that aren’t even close to being an issue.
- Improve Business Collaboration: You can combine quantitative data visualizations with qualitative employee feedback through Buzz. This saves time and money by reducing the need for status meetings, improving real-time collaboration and promoting company-wide communication and engagement with data.
Serves a huge variety of different industries; any organization that collects data can (and probably should) use a business intelligence solution. Some of this solution’s specialties include education, services, high tech, healthcare, media and entertainment, nonprofits, hospitality, financial, transportation, retail, manufacturing, telecom and many more.
- Intuitive Dashboards: This BI tool consolidates different data sets — ROI, sales numbers, employee performance, any KPI you choose to collect — into a single easy-to-read dashboard with drop-down menus separating individual visualizations.
- Database Connectors: Can draw data from a range of database sources securely and easily, generating multi-dataset reports in a single graphic visualization. It can perform a variety of analysis types including drill-down.
- Create Visualizations: Users can create “cards,” proprietary drag-and-drop visualizations, from a range of data sources in an easy process that even non-technical employees can perform with ease.
- Suggested Visualizations: When users upload their data, the software offers suggested visualizations that its algorithms think would be most appropriate for the specific data. Users can accept these suggestions or ignore them and create their own visualization from the data.
- Mobile Access: Unlike some platforms, this solution offers a native mobile app built from the ground up to put the power of business intelligence in the palm of your hand. The interface is smooth and offers access to everything you can utilize on the desktop site, so you’ll be connected any time, anywhere.
- Employee Management: Drive alignment and engagement throughout your organization with the employee profiles that track who is attached to individual projects, what they’re working on and what they do for your organization.
- Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support all SQL queries
- Does not fetch real-time data in reports
- Does not offer functionalities such as dashboard creation and OLAP
- Limited functionality with respect to pivot reports
- Users cannot save filters on cards or collections. A new page or sub-page has to be created each time there is a card or group for the same filter condition
Domo Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Domo
Based on the subscription plan – starter, professional or enterprise (refer pricing section for more details)
Subscription fee includes upfront fee (platform cost) and per user monthly cost that is billed annually
Included in the subscription cost. Also provides support based on the subscription plan selected:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Included in the subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, dashboard and operational reporting needs, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, forms to collect additional data, UI changes, etc.|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Recurring fee is the per user monthly cost billed annually|
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Domo
Relevant articles for Domo
Pricing for Business Intelligence Tools
The following reviews for Domo are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms such as Capterra, Software Advice, Gartner Peerinsights, PC Mag and G2 Crowd.