What is Birst?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Birst
- Faster time to value: Birst dramatically accelerates the laborious and time-consuming process of delivering analytics across the enterprise. Leveraging patented automation technology that reduces human intervention, a modern cloud architecture that eliminates traditional on-premises tasks, and metadata reusability that makes development more efficient and more productive, Birst delivers more value to the business in far less time.
- Trusted data at business speed: Birst’s network of analytics is built on top of a common and reusable set of business rules and definitions that are generated without manual intervention by Birst’s patented automation technology. This shared set of business definitions, or semantic layer, enables users to work with a unique view of the data, eliminating ambiguity around what a given measure or KPI means. Birst’s semantic layer supports data governance and solves the chaos produced by the proliferation of analytic silos across the enterprise.
- Self-service for all information workers: Birst puts the power of analytics in the hands of every information worker, not just data-savvy analysts or highly-trained data scientists. Birst’s business-user-oriented UX empowers people to access, prepare, and explore data using intuitive drag-and-drop tools, discover insights and share them with individuals and teams across the Birst network, and predict business outcomes with one click and without support from experts. All of this through a single integrated web-based experience, in the office or on the road.
- Enterprise-caliber performance: Birst has been designed to deliver world-class performance and scale on top of a modern, multi-tenant architecture that can scale linearly across a shared-nothing, multi-node environment. This means that, unlike traditional client-server based solutions, there is no single bottleneck to hinder performance, enabling the business to grow its analytics footprint without limits.
- Lower cost of ownership: Birst is a true Software-as-a-Service solution built on a next-generation multi-tenant cloud architecture that delivers the ability to deploy virtual BI tenants, virtualize data and metadata, federate semantic models across virtual tenants, and automate manual tasks. This translates into a lower total cost of ownership through reduced resources, zero hardware, zero upgrade costs, and rapid deployments.
Cost Structure for Birst:
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements or services chosen|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Training Cost||Dependent on the type of training opted by an Organization, whether it is end-user training or group/department training or video/self-training or training the trainer. Costs will typically increase as one moves from video/self-training towards end-user training|
|Subscription Cost||What is the cost of the software?||Pricing available on request only
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||On-Premise and Cloud|
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription and Licensing Models|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||None|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Yes|
Some of the product limitations include:
· Does not have an application marketplace
· Does not have a native windows mobile application
Sisense: Starting at $21,000 per annum for 5 users
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
QlikView: Starting at $1,350 per user
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Birst