What is Altmetrics.com?
We measure the attention that research outputs receive from policy documents, mainstream news outlets, social media and online reference managers. Altmetric has a strong focus on engineering and data science know-how and makes collecting and analysing article level metrics easy for both researchers and publishers. Altmetric is a portfolio company of Digital Science.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Altmetrics.com?
Key differentiators & advantages of Altmetrics.com
- Explore the conversations Collated mentions of academic papers can be browsed, or searched according to a specific criteria of your choosing. Find out more about how and why we monitor attention.
- Assess early stage impact Typically the most online activity around a paper will occur in the first few weeks after publication, in comparison with traditional citation metrics which take much longer to accrue.
- Monitor performance The groups and custom groups tabs enable you to easily track attention for specific research projects or groups, as well as at the departmental and researcher level.
- Versatile filtering, reporting & analysis features Set specific critria to monitor a useful sub-set of the data, which can then be exported as a PDF or to Excel.
- Integrate with existing systems We offer fast and easy integration with existing institutional repository or CRIS systems. See how in our getting started guide.
- Scores for quick analysis and comparison Each article is given a score that measures the quantity and quality of attention it has received to date. The score donut visualisation tells you what kind of attention at a glance. Read about how Altmetric quantifies attention.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Altmetrics.com