What is Pentaho Data Integration?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Pentaho Data Integration (PDI), also known as “Kettle”, is a business intelligence program, which is part of the larger Pentaho Open Source Business Intelligence Suite. Kettle is well known for its ease of quick adoption.
PDI has numerous features, but topping the list is its approach to data integration, which allows users to define integration jobs and alternative transformations. Kettle takes a code-free approach and instead opts for visual tools.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Pentaho Data Integration
- Integrate With Big Data: Kettle has pre-built formulas and codes to help make integrating with large, pre-existing data libraries a breeze.
- Increase Efficiency: Because Data Integration’s templates-= are reusable, users can save time by creating a nearly unlimited amount of transformations, all with a simple, intuitive graphical user interface.
- Remain Consistent With Growth: Kettle is multi-threaded, giving users the ability to scale their data with the growth of their business. This includes deployment in the cloud in on-premise cluster environments.
- Simple Administration: Performance monitoring, rollback and restart, as well as an operations market give users greater control over their data, and its quality.
Pentaho serves customers in diverse fields. Major customers include Bank of America, Brussels Airport, College Bound Network, Marketo, Mozilla, Nasdaq and more. Pentaho serves around 7,316 customers in fields such as computer software, IT, staffing and recruiting, hospital and healthcare as well as financial services.
- Flexible: Manage data in on-premise, hybrid and cloud environments. Kettle lets users remain insulated from big-data changes that could potentially harm user data.
- Data Agnostic:Kettle supports a variety of languages, engines and interfaces, including Hadoop, NoSQL and other analytics databases from vendors.
- Code-free Creation:Providing a code-free creation environment is where Kettle excels. Users can create data models and reports with a bevy of visual tools.
- Blend Big Data With Traditional Data: Data Integration is built to pull data from big data sources, and combine them seamlessly with traditional data sources, such as retail analytics or internally harvested data.
- Test Models With Code: Kettle is able to create and test models using statistical languages such as R or Python or using libraries like Apache Spark, MLlib and Weka.
- Embeddable Models: Without having to know code, Data Integration allows users to easily analyze results by embedding self-learning models into data sources.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Pentaho Data Integration