What is Apache Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra is renowned in the industry as the only NoSQL solution that can accommodate the complex requirements of today’s modern line-of-business applications. It’s architected from the ground up for real-time enterprise databases that require vast scalability, high-velocity performance, flexible schema design and continuous availability.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Apache Cassandra?
Key differentiators & advantages of Apache Cassandra
- Elastic scalability Allows you to easily add capacity online to accommodate more customers and more data whenever you need.
- Always on architecture Contains no single point of failure (as with traditional master/slave RDBMS’s and other NoSQL solutions) resulting in continuous availability for business-critical applications that can’t afford to go down, ever.
- Fast linear-scale performance Enables sub-second response times with linear scalability (double your throughput with two nodes, quadruple it with four, and so on) to deliver response time speeds your customers have come to expect.
- Flexible data storage Easily accommodates the full range of data formats – structured, semi-structured and unstructured – that run through today’s modern applications. Also dynamically accommodates changes to your data structures as your data needs evolve.
- Easy data distribution Gives you maximum flexibility to distribute data where you need by replicating data across multiple datacenters, the cloud and even mixed cloud/on-premise environments. Read and write to any node with all changes being automatically synchronized across a cluster.
- Operational simplicity With all nodes in a cluster being the same, there is no complex configuration to manage so administration duties are greatly simplified.
- Transaction support Delivers the “AID” in ACID compliance through its use of a commit log to capture all writes and built-in redundancies that ensure data durability in the event of hardware failures, as well as transaction isolation, atomicity, with consistency being tunable.
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Apache Cassandra