What is Spotfire?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
Spotfire supports insights with AI, big data integration, integration with the internet of things (IoT) and more, with its data streaming technology.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Spotfire
- Scale for large enterprises:
Tibco Spotfire is built for large organizations, and is built to handle the needs of large enterprises.
- Built for the individual:
This software is built with the individual analyst in mind, with Spotfire desktop handling insights and data discovery.
- Stay on top of your future:
Spotfire is equipped with advanced predictive analytics tools that help your enterprise stay agile.
Spotfire is deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world. They work across industries and have footholds in the manufacturing sphere, the IT space, finance and more. Major brands served include JetBlue, Bank of Montreal and Mercedes.
- Location analytics: Spotfire offers robust locational analytics. Utilize geocoding, reverse geocoding and multi-layered maps right out-of-the-box.
- Real-time streaming analytics:Create interactive dashboards and integrate with the IoT, social messaging and more, with real-time and historic data.
- Visual analytics:With colorful dashboards and an intuitive UI, Spotfire’s visual analytics capabilities make it easy to find see data as it becomes relevant, and generate insights on the fly.
Tibco Spotfire Support SuiteTibco offers various support options for its customers, as well as training resources.
Typical cost structure for TIBCO Spotfire:
|Customization Cost||For both type of deployments, cost will vary depending on the type of module selected and the level of customization required (add-on) for developing or enhancing an existing product feature or module|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
- On-Premise: Include cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches
|TIBCO Spotfire Desktop||
||Starting price is $650/user/year (annual subscription cost)|
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud||
|TIBCO Spotfire Platform||
|TIBCO Spotfire Cloud Enterprise||
||Pricing information available on request|
|TIBCO Spotfire for Amazon Cloud Services||
||Starting at $0.99/hour|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||Cloud - based/SaaS & On-Premise|
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription and License-based|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Yes, 30 Day Trial|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Calculating custom fields in Spotfire is fairly difficult as compared to MS Excel. Users need to manually calculate the data in Spotfire tool
- Does not offer robust Metadata functionality
- Difficulty in customizing visualizations and drilling down into data sets for more granular view
- Does not let users specify custom SQL instructions when accessing a data source
- Difficult to write and understand Spotfire coding
Birst: Starting at $30,000/20 users/year
QlikSense: Starting at $20/user/month
Tableau Big Data Analytics: Starting at $35/user/month
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Spotfire