What is QlikView?
In the current highly competitive market, QlikView to meet the demands such as management and scalability needs of most enterprises has developed a highly advanced enterprise-class architecture. To ensure the quality of interactive data discovery, it provides a highly scalable, secure, and manageable environment. No matter where the data is located, data is file-based, on-premise, in the cloud, or in big data sources, it can access, combine and load the data from their exact location.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of QlikView
- Control over data: The major reason for this product's popularity is that it enables users to create personalized, data-driven discoveries with guided paths and analysis. All discoveries are tightly governed and highly customizable. User can create business-driven data discoveries with guided analysis paths that are highly customizable and tightly governed. QlikView provides guided analytics, a controlled analytic experiences which guide employees toward discovering insights and making meaningful decisions.
- Secured: QlikView is secured. It comes with top-down control of analytics applications, permissions and data management. The product ensures total control of data access, management, and permissions as its customers have sensitive corporate data. QlikView provides centralized applications. It has a granular control of dashboards, layouts and design.
- Flexibility, Customizable & Combinable: QlikView facilitates users to build the exact tools they need for their organization and teams. QlikView lets develop custom application with its own scripting and extend development with QlikView Workbench. QlikView allows itself to Integrate into users business applications and system management software with extensive APIs.
- Consistency and Global Search: QlikView provides one set of data and apps for use across users entire organization. QlikView provides the usage of natural search to navigate complex information to accelerate discovery.
- Data integration and Advanced reporting: QlikView unify data sources for a complete view of information, centrally managed data and applications make it easier to discover insights. With the help of QlikView one can create and distribute consistent reports and templates, plus embed them in Microsoft Office documents with Qlik NPrinting.
- Enterprise scalability and Collaboration: The advantages of guided analytics with secure, enterprise-level governance of data and analytics. The product has the ability to uncover data pattern/trend and its allowance for real-time collaboration. It also allows users to search for the type of data results that they want and it immediately shows the relationships of the data.
- Data connectivity: The product offers custom connectors along with its default connectors which can be installed whenever needed. A user can import data from Salesforce, Hive, Teradata, and other popular systems.
Cost Structure for QlikView:
|License/Subscription Cost||Based on a combination of server, user, document and application-based licensing|
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Implementation services are provided by QlikView Consulting or through an implementation partner at an additional cost|
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements or services chosen|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Renewal costs includes software update license and support cost|
|QlikView Client License Pricing||
|QlikView Server License Pricing||
|QlikView Extranet & Other Products||
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||On Premise|
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Licensing|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||Typically, a minimum commitment of 1-3 years is required for license based solutions|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Yes|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Does not support online analytical processing (OLAP)
- Users cannot predict the profitability of projects or departments using QlikView
- The solution does not help users identify patterns within data
- Lacks ad hoc reporting functionality
- Does not allow users to schedule receiving BI reports at specific times in a particular format
Tableau Server: Starting at $35 per user per month
Microsoft Power BI: Starting at $9.99 per user per month
Sisense: Starting at $21,000 per annum for 5 users
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to QlikView