What is Board?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Board
- All-in-One Platform: Board combines the best of business intelligence, enterprise performance management, predictive and business analytics, and data discovery. You get important functions like dashboards, forecasting, machine learning, simulation and more.
- Cloud or On-premise: Board provides on-premises or cloud-based solutions. Board Cloud’s Azure backed model is a SaaS version of Board.
- Real-time Modeling: Modeling capabilities are built into Board’s core. They give users the ability to change data models on the fly without impacting users. Potential impacts are then analyzed.
- Server Clustering: Due to Board’s in-memory processing, the software can serve workloads to a nearly unlimited number of virtual nodes, ensuring full scalability with read and write support.
- User Self-sufficiency: Board’s programming-free approach makes understanding and analyzing data easier for non-technical users.
BOARD’s list of customers runs the gamut from beverage titans like Coca-Cola, to the United States Navy, to Volkswagen and beyond, and offers multiple deployment models to serve its thousands of customers.
- Performance: Based on proprietary in-memory technology called Hybrid Bitwise Memory Pattern, BOARD offers high-performance read and write capabilities, speedy data visualizations, simulations and planning processes.
- Programming-free: Board provides a programming-free experience, giving everyone access to powerful analytics data.
- Powerful Reporting: Export your data in a variety of usable formats, including HTML and CSV.
- Multi-lingual: BOARD features extensive language capabilities, making it an ideal fit for companies who need to report in multiple languages.
Windward Studios Suite Support
Typical cost structure for BOARD:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Included in the fees charged for both on-premise and cloud-based solution|
|Customization Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution cost will vary depending on the pricing plan/module selected and the level of customization required|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution cost will vary depending on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Training Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution provides knowledge base, support center, documents, webinars, in-person training support through its Support Portal|
- BOARD Features:
|Starting at $10,000 one-time license cost|
- BOARD Features:
|Ranges from $1,000/user/year to $3,000/user/year|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||Cloud-based/SaaS & On-Premise options|
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?|
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||No|
Some of the product limitations include:
- BOARD is extremely configurable. However, drilling down into layers of configuration is a cumbersome task
- The solution involves a vast learning curve for working as an administrator and to understand the functionalities of the vast and complex system
- Does not offer support for Linux and Mac and is only available for Windows
- Does not provide detailed documentation and requires better manuals on how to use the program
- Setting up security profiles is a time-consuming process
TIBCO Spotfire: Starting price is $650/user/year
Microsoft Power: Starting at $9.99/user/month
Dundas BI/BA: Starting at $6/user/month
Top Competitors Alternatives
These are the products most often compared to Board
The following reviews for Board are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms such as Capterra, Software Advice, Gartner Peerinsights, PC Mag and G2 Crowd.