What is Board?
BOARD product offers a self-service data-discovery environment. By using this environment users can easily search for information, interact intuitively with their data, and perform in-depth analysis.
The product offers the capability to create an interactive and customizable dashboard, featuring drill-down and drill-through capabilities from KPIs to the lowest level of details. The BOARD platform allows companies to achieve a single, accurate and complete view of business information and a full control of performance across the entire organization, from strategic formulation down to operational execution.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Board
- All-in-One Platform: BOARD platform offers a unified solution by combining the functionalities of Business Intelligence, Enterprise Performance Management, Predictive and Business Analytics and Data Discovery. It provides a whole gamut of functionalities like visualizations, dashboards, scorecards, reporting, budgeting, planning, forecasting, profitability analysis, machine learning forecasting, simulation, clustering, statistical functions and more.
- User Self-sufficiency: BOARD has a programming-free approach by providing integrated set of tools to create and update databases, data presentations, analyses and process models, in a single visual and interactive environment, making it easy for business users to quickly build "BOARD capsules", containers that can accommodate graphs, spreadsheets, reports, folders, maps, gauges, point-and-click filters and navigation menus.
- Cloud or On-premise: BOARD provides both on-premises and cloud based deployment models. BOARD Cloud, backed by Microsoft Azure, is a SaaS version of the BOARD all-in-one platform.
- Performance: The BOARD platform is based on a proprietary in-memory technology called Hybrid Bitwise Memory Pattern (HBMP), which offers outstanding performance with full read and write capabilities, unmatched speed to data visualization, simulation, and planning processes.
- Server Clustering: The In-memory Server Cluster architecture allows BOARD server workloads to be shared on a virtually unlimited number of nodes and hence ensures full horizontal scalability with read and write support.
- Real-time Modelling: BOARD offers the ability to change data models during a planning or forecasting process, without affecting users’ operations and thus simulating “on-the-fly” the potential effect of a new scenario on the existing business model.
Typical cost structure for BOARD:
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Included in the fees charged for both on-premise and cloud-based solution|
|Customization Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution cost will vary depending on the pricing plan/module selected and the level of customization required|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution cost will vary depending on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Training Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution provides knowledge base, support center, documents, webinars, in-person training support through its Support Portal|
- BOARD Features:
|Starting at $10,000 one-time license cost|
- BOARD Features:
|Ranges from $1,000/user/year to $3,000/user/year|
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||Cloud-based/SaaS & On-Premise options|
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||
|Custom Quote||Is there an option of requesting custom quote?||Available|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||No|
Some of the product limitations include:
- BOARD is extremely configurable. However, drilling down into layers of configuration is a cumbersome task
- The solution involves a vast learning curve for working as an administrator and to understand the functionalities of the vast and complex system
- Does not offer support for Linux and Mac and is only available for Windows
- Does not provide detailed documentation and requires better manuals on how to use the program
- Setting up security profiles is a time-consuming process
TIBCO Spotfire: Starting price is $650/user/year
Microsoft Power: Starting at $9.99/user/month
Dundas BI/BA: Starting at $6/user/month
The following reviews for Board are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms such as Capterra, Software Advice, Gartner Peerinsights, PC Mag and G2 Crowd.